The IMS Blueprint for safer, more effective, sustained healthcare.
“The Global Digital Exemplar (GDE) Programme presents a significant and tangible opportunity to unify and transform our services across the NHS. We have the mandate, together with our GDE and Fast Follower partners, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust and Wye Valley NHS Trust, to enable widespread adoption of technology across the country. With our customers, we are using our collective expertise and experience of digitally enabled service improvements to offer NHS Trusts a blueprint for safer, more effective, sustained healthcare delivery.”
Shane Tickell, CEO, IMS MAXIMS
What is the IMS Blueprint?
Our Blueprint is a tried and trusted model that will provide healthcare organisations with the tools (products, processes and people) to achieve global digital excellence and in turn, safer, more effective, sustained healthcare.
It consists of:
- Our GDE-qualified patient administration system and electronic patient record, designed in collaboration with clinicians over 30 years and flexible enough to support a modular or holistic approach to digital
- Our FIRST CLASS® methodology that can help organisations achieve deployments in as little as 6 months
- A flexible trust-side workforce package that means customers don’t have to find, fund, and train the required staff for a successful deployment
- Open and fully interoperable clinical systems, built using the latest open standards and APIs, including FHIR protocols
- New, innovative ways of working, including mobile apps for vital sign observations, viewing and managing test results, medicine management, clinical decision support, nursing plans and assessments, and patient handovers
- Patient empowerment with the use of an app that will give patients access to their health record and can record preferences, such as consent.
- Real-time, whole system oversight across wards, departments, boards and communities using powerful data analytics and dashboards
- Curated data across organisations and communities for the purposes of population health management and personalised medicine
- Access to an integrated care record across a regional footprint, via the Medical Interoperability Gateway, with data from EMIS, TPP, In Practice and Microtest.
- Robust security and maximum flexibility through our Cloud as a Service products
What does it deliver?
Our Blueprint can:
- Help unify and transform health and care services across a locality, as set out in the Five Year Forward View
- Support your trust in becoming digitally mature – up to HIMMS Level 7 – quickly and cost-effectively, using lessons learned from your NHS colleagues over 30 years of partnership
- Help you achieve £100m+ of digitally enabled service benefits and financial savings
- Deploy standardised patient pathways to help reduce unwarranted variation in clinical outcomes, and achieve Lord Carter’s productivity recommendations
- Support your Sustainability and Transformation Plans and Local Digital Roadmaps in delivering fully integrated care over a timeline that suits your budget and needs
- Offer opportunities for shared digital investment to help manage the cost and risk of your transformation programmes
Recent work with our GDE and Fast Follower